I had the privilege of interviewing Mary M. Cushnie-Mansour about her writing journey, especially her Night's Vampire Trilogy.
Mary M. Cushnie-Mansour is an award winning author living in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. Her childhood dream was to become a great Canadian novelist. She attended Mohawk College and the University of Waterloo, and earned a Freelance Journalism Certificate, after which she wrote articles and a short story column for the Brantford Expositor.
Mary has published four collections of poetry, a collection of short stories, a biography, and the Night’s Vampire Trilogy – Night’s Gift, Night’s Children, and Night’s Return. She is the owner of Cavern of Dreams Publishing, and also edits and publishes books for other aspiring authors.
You can contact Mary and check out her books at:
1. Tell us a bit about your success journey. How and why did you start writing?
2. What sort of poetry do you write? Do you follow the same trend with your short stories? What about your serial mysteries?
3. How did you come up with the idea for Night's Vampire Trilogy?
4. How does your story differ from other vampire stories? What would make me want to read Night's Vampire Trilogy?
5. Who are your main characters–their backgrounds and why people fall in love with them?
6. What was the hardest part about writing this series, and do you plan on continuing the story?
7. Who do you think your ideal readers would be?
8. What is your feedback on the trilogy so far?
9. What advice do you have for new or old writers?
10. Where can readers find your books?