- Temper tantrum behavior
- Raging, out of control outbursts
- Shouting, throwing, saying regrettable things
- Behavior result of feeling threatened and unable to cope with situation
Do's and Don'ts
- Give them time to wind down
- Switch to a problem-solving mode of interaction
- Use active listening skills to show you take their concerns seriously
- Allow them to maintain behavior in a public area. Move to a more private area to calm down.
- Initially force them to calm down. Let them try to gain self control on their own.